Welcome to Ceilidh Area !
Ceilidh Area is the northern most point of our province also known as Cape Breton Island.
The island is divided into four provincial counties: Cape Breton, Victoria and Richmond and Inverness which includes five reserves of the Mi'kmag Nations: Eskasoni, Membertou, Wagmatcook, Waycobah and Potlotek/Chapel Island.
Ceilidh Area has four Guiding Districts covering the general locations of:
- Cairdeas DS: Port Hawkesbury, St. Peters and Louisdale
- Coastal DS: New Waterford, Louisbourg, Dominion, Port Morien and Glace Bay
- Ocean View DS: The North Side, Sydney River, Sydney Forks, Westmount, Coxheath and Big Pond
- Two Rivers DS: Sydney & Marion Bridge
The Area is managed by a group of dedicated volunteers who provide programming for girls and adult leadership and training opportunities.
Area specific events / activities:
|| Event / Activity
| April 29th
| YOUTH RECOGNITION CEREMONY
Location: Louisbourg Playhouse Time: 2 - 4
REGISTRATION INFO & FORM
| Ceilidh Van Go Training
Location: Our Lady of Fatima (Brick Church)
- 1452 King Rd, Sydney River
Time: 8:30 - 330 pm
There are a varied of sessions from gadget making
to conflict management. Guiders in all branches
can find something just right for them!
Deadline Friday March 17th
For more information on Guiding in Ceilidh Area, please feel free to contact:
Gail: Area Commissioner at email@example.com
Charlotte: Training Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org