What is a Cookie Receiver?
A Cookie Receiver (CR) is the person who handles the “final mile” of the cookie deliveries. The shipping company will deliver the bulk cookies for a group of Units to a Receiver Location (your own or other identified space). The CR then looks after the cookies until the Unit arrives to collect them from you!
Role and Requirements of a Cookie Receiver
A CR does not have to be an active Guider. Family members, friends and local business owners can support the local girls in this role.
Use of AMJ Terminals
After a very successful distribution period at AMJ Terminals during the fall we have implemented a mandatory use of these terminals for all future campaigns. We will be working in partnership with the provinces to identify which cookie receiver locations will be absorbed into distribution
Requirements - all Cookie Receivers must
- Be available to accept delivery of cookies on the date confirmed by the shipping company. Deliveries will typically be during the day on weekdays;
- Be available at the delivery location on the scheduled date from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to accept the delivery. Because we are given no set time for when the delivery will occur, only a window of time will be provided closer to the scheduled date;
- Complete all required paperwork for inventory control and submit to the national office within defined timelines;
- All Cookie Receivers (if they are not already adult members in good standing) are required to complete and sign a Non-Member Volunteer application that includes a confidentiality statement and Code of Conduct.
- Space available to accept delivery of a minimum of 5 pallets (360 cases) of cookies.
- Exceptions to this minimum delivery volume will be made for certain remote/rural locations or in cities where cookie order volumes do not reach 360 cases.
Cookie Receiver “We Would Really Like You to Have” Requirements
If the requirements in this section cannot be met, we still need individuals to help us at other facilities that are not an individual home or business.
- Have a location where cookies can be stored in a clean, cool environment. (Mint cookies should be stored at a temperature between 10°C and 22°C; sandwich cookies at below 28°C). Storage locations should be free of chemicals, paint, or any solvent producing an odour that could be absorbed by the cookies. Cookies must also be kept away from potential infestations.
- Have the ability to store cookies longer than 24 hours.
- Where the above bullets in this section cannot be met we will still need individuals to help us at other facilities that are not an individual home/business.
Important to note:
Cookie Receivers must be willing to accept delivery of any unit’s cookies supply and will no longer be able to make their location unit specific (with the exception of your own unit’s classic cookie order). This is to ensure that all locations are used to capacity to help keep shipping costs lower then past campaigns.
If you are interested in joining the team of Cookie Receivers this spring, please complete the following form by December 6, 2021.
Don’t have a location to accept cookie delivery but still would like to help distribute cookies to units this fall?
Please complete the form above to confirm that you would be interested in assisting with the distribution of cookies at a delivery location in the city you reside that is currently without a Cookie Receiver.